The COVID-NMA initiative
A living mapping and living systematic review of Covid-19 trials
COVID-NMA is an international research initiative supported by the WHO and Cochrane.
We provide a living mapping of COVID-19 trials available through interactive data visualizations. We are also conducting living evidence synthesis on preventive interventions, treatments and vaccines for COVID-19 to assist decision makers.
LIVING MAPPING OF TRIALS(i.e., trials registered on the WHO platform)
1354 RCTs recruiting
Weekly update: January 11 to January 15, 2021
- We identify and now report 5 new pharmacological trials and one update on vaccine study. We have also included and presently extracting additional 19 new pharmacological and preventive trials, in addition to 3 vaccine trials. We have also identified and included 9 studies evaluating non pharmacological interventions pending data extraction. Click here for details.
Scientific publications arising from COVID-NMA Initiative
5 articles have been published in scientific journals:
- The COVID-NMA Project: Building an Evidence Ecosystem for the COVID-19 Pandemic (Boutron I et al. Annals Intern Med 2020) - Read this article
- Research response to COVID-19 needed better coordination and collaboration: a living mapping of registered trials (Nguyen et al. J Clin Epidemiol 2020) - Read this article
- Interventions for the treatment of COVID‐19: a living network meta‐analysis (Boutron I et al, Protocol, Cochrane Library) - Read this article
- Interventions for the prevention and treatment of COVID‐19: a living mapping of research and living network meta‐analysis(Boutron I et al, Protocol, Cochrane Library) - Read this article
- Changes in evidence for studies assessing interventions for COVID-19 reported in preprints: meta-research study(Oikonomidi T et al, BMC Medicine) - Read this article
Who is using our data?
At least 12 institutions are using our data
- World Health Organisation (WHO) - See details
- UK National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) - See details
- South African National Department of Health - See details
- Australian National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce - See details
- UK National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Complex Review Support Unit - See details
- NATO Centre of Excellence for Military Medicine - See details
- Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève - See details
- Caribbean Public Health Agency - See details
- Austrian Institute for Health Technology Assessment - See details
- German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP) - See details
- Canada's COVID-19 Clinical Pharmacology Task Group - See details
- World Trade Organization (WTO) - See details
To receive updates on our project and research findings, please subscribe to our digest, we will share with you new RCT results and other interesting news.